Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Sweet Seventeen?

3 de Septiembre 2015

Sweet seventeen,
Sweet seventeen is a coming age party celebrating a female birthday in Indonesia. Why only a girl? Generally men don't care about birthday. In another country it might be different. In America they have sweet sixteen, Spanish has sweet fifteen and Indonesia has sweet seventeen.
Why sweet seventeen? I'm not really sure why, but guess what, your day of birth is the same with your sweet seventeen day. And well, it's happen to me. My born day is Thursday and my sweet seventeen day also Thursday.
Bitter sweet comes!

Penampakan 17 tahun

Now, me and another people in this world turning seventeen. It means that we should be better than last year. We will make a ton decision that can make us wiser and wiser. We will have more responsibility and so on.

Bitter,

I wonder why time go so fast. People said, time flies when you are having fun. Yes it is. But, some peeps said, The older you get, the faster time seems to go. Yea, as we age, time flies whether we are having fun or not. And now it's our choice whether we use our time wisely or not.

Have a sweet seventeen in the different country feels so different. In here, they have sweet sixteen, it means that I missed it. I just imagine if I still in Indonesia and have a sweet seventeen in Indonesia. I'll start to make Indonesian Identity Card and Drive License and do silly things like my friends did. Show off to the police that we have a driver license. I miss them.

Sweet,

I'm blessed. I already get a chance to study in America. I have a good host family here. I have a great family in Indonesia who always support me and I have a bunch of good friends who stay in touch with me even the time differences is twelve hours.

They also gave me some birthday gifts which is so sweet. Here they are.

Gift from gurls clique

Gift from buddies

Gift from best friends

My host dad made this






Gift Card of Victoria Secret from Host Parent




Muchas Gracias, Ina!

Gift from Dentang

Gift from best buddy; Calista (left) and from CHYN; Calista, Hafidh. Yayan and Nelva (right)


Gift from Hafedh


Thank you so much, guys.


4 comments: