Saturday, August 29, 2015

It's A Secret, Please Tell Nobody #Friends

I thought making friends in another country is easy
I thought it will be the same
I thought they will recognize me that I'm a foreign exchange student

Exactly none of these is true.
Yes it is hard
Yes it is so different
Yes they just don't care at all

Okay, please tell nobody.
So, being a foreign exchange student is hard. Being everybody is hard. Nothing's easy if we are not get used to doing what we never do. We have our own problem because we are special. So, what should we do if we have these problems? Just give up. No, we must rise and shine.
Before those things happen in our life, we should remember to maintain our expectation. My seniors told us about expectation, expectation and expectation. Something that we think is impossible, they might be possible. And something that we think is possible, it might be impossible at all.

And I thought there will be no problem in my exchange year. Everything will be alright. It will be so easy to make a bunch of friends and I just need to go with the flow. I know it looks like the simple thing and unimportant thing. But, it is not.
It matters so much whether we have friends or being lonely.
Friends are the special person besides our family. They also can make our day. They are the only peeps that we can talk to if we can't reach our family.
Then, how to make friends if we know nobody in the school? Find any strangers at school.
Whoever they are, just talk to them, introduce yourself, tell to them that you are an exchange student or a new student or a freshman. The only way to have a bunch of friends is talking to a stranger. As long as you got some friends, you will feel more confidence and it will make your day. And a good day will boost your mood. Then you can do everything as good as you can do. And it will be easier for you to study at school.
If you are an exchange student we need more effort because the language might be so different and your new school has moving class system which is so different. So the first thing to do is just be brave to introduce yourself, tell them that you are an exchange student and maybe you need help just tell them. We can get some friends from every class that we attend. Sometimes they just don't understand what we say. It is okay, it's normal. As time as goes by, we will be more fluently than before.
Don't forget to tell every teacher that you are an exchange student, especially if your new school has moving class system so they will help you a lot. They can be interesting with your home country and so on.
Dawson High School Cafeteria
Then, I want to tell you what should we do if we are a new student, know nobody, our grade is junior which is in the middle, we need some friends in the same age and we need friends at cafeteria.
Ask their help.
Because everybody have their own spot with their besties. You know what, on my first and second day of school, I just choose random seat which is taken already and they were so quiet or talked a lot to their besties and didn't say a word to me. Pukpuk.
But finally, on the third day of school, I already know some friends in the each class. I have an English class before lunch time. Then I asked my friend to help me because I don't know where should I sit in the cafeteria. And finally, she let me to sit with them. And they are so good. Really good and I'm so happy. Finally.
Please tell nobody.
The point is, ask their help, if you already meet another junior which is click with you, ask their help, ask their spot, ask what time they have lunch and you are not lonely anymore.
Suerte!
Tag: How to make friends as an exchange student

2 comments:

  1. Waouw very fantastic cafe!!!!" I wanna come there....mimpi kaleeee hahaha

    ReplyDelete