Thursday, August 20, 2015

School Starts on August 24th

Dawson High School, it will be my first public high school for this exchange year. It is in Texas, America. American school is so different from my home country; Indonesia. Here, we have so many courses and clubs. We can choose any of those as what we can and what we like to do.


And I took some classes and some of them are new for me. I must took English, science, mathematic and US History of course. Because I'm a student exchange so I must took those stuffs. But, well, I can choose three fun classes that I like to do. And for my courses, here we go:

English
Aquatic Science
Statistic AP
US History

Spanish
Fashion Designer
Personal Fitness
Entrepreneurship

Well, there are four of them because I asked my counselor to let me take four of them. She is really good. Because I really want those courses, so I only get personal fitness for one semester and then for the next semester it will be replace for entrepreneurship class. She said that I can change it if I feel uncomfortable or maybe to hard for two weeks.

Actually there are so many cool courses that I can choose like cross country, golf, cosmetology, year book, band, percussion, psychology and so on. But well, I will try to have some of them. And I think I don't really need Spanish class because in Indonesia I'm not going to use them anymore. Maybe I'll replace it with year book class or something else. And I think I'll try to join the DECA Club to encourage my entrepreneurship class. Yea, just let's see how everything is going.

And I wonder, why they won't let us choose what we like to do in my home country. Sometimes I think it's wasting our money and our time to do what we don't really like and get some bad scores, sleepless, take any other out of school courses, a lot of tasks and homework and any other stressful stuffs.

Maybe there are a lot of good stuffs here, a lot of new things, a lot of fun things to do. And now, let's think about it. Does rainbow or aurora goodness get any better than any colors? No, they are not. They are unique and unreplaceable. And it's like what I feel for my home country. Although I'm so far away from my sriwedari - Indonesia, Anak Bangsa  will come back home. And damn! I love Indonesia.


Nelva

No comments:

Post a Comment